Apple IIc / IIe compatible joystick – just plug and play. Includes custom 3D-printed brown cable management reel.
This is the Mach II joystick from CH Products. This joystick has been dissassembled, checked, cleaned, calibrated, and tested. This joystick is vintage and is in good condition with exception to the hairline crack in the joystick which is unfortunately common in these joysticks.
CH joysticks are built like tanks, we will give a 90-day warranty on this joystick. Restoration work includes:
- Dissassembly, degreasing, isoproply cleaning of all plastic parts
- Retrobrite of beige parts to original color (these are not yellowed parts, this CH joystick color scheme was beige-brown-orange)
- X and Y potentiometers cleaned and lubricated
- DB-9 cable replaced – this allows a ground signal and installation of compensation capacitors
- Compensation capacitors installed to achieve even, full-range of the sticks (sticks top out to 0 and 255 just before hitting mechanical stop)
- Keyswitch mechanisms flushed then lightly dry lubed
- 5000-grit polish on the joystick stem
- I didn’t have stiff springs in my spring kit so I’d give the stiffness of the center position a 7 out of 10. There’s a little wiggle at center. There’s nothing wrong or broke, stiffer springs would fix it right up. If you’d rather wait to take delivery I have more stiff springs on order and I can install them in a jiffy.
Any questions please reach out.